2. We are continuing to adhere to additional measures for your safety
At Feet First Podiatry, our staff have always been dedicated to high standards of infection control, this remains unchanged. These measures will remain in place until it is no longer deemed necessary by Health Authorities.
• Installed additional hand sanitizing stations through out all our clinics, for our patients’ use.
• Our staff will continue to wear a disposable face mask at all times during your visit to our clinics. For patients, wearing a face mask is also currently mandatory.
• Changed layout of our waiting rooms, to achieve the social distancing requirements.
• Removed all magazines, books, brochures and business cards from the waiting areas.
• There are clear floor markings in front of our reception counters, that we politely ask you not to cross, again for social distancing requirements.
• Reception staff are now also ‘staggering’ the booking of appointments and building in additional gaps in the appointment books in order to minimise the number of patients in our waiting rooms.
This will also provide Podiatrists with time to do additional disinfecting of the treatment rooms between patients.
• Podiatrists and Reception staff are disinfecting ALL surfaces and ALL items used in the treatment rooms, at Reception and in our bathrooms, after almost every patient – so we ask that no one please be offended.
Our commitment to you:
• We are now asking anyone who has an appointment or who calls to book an appointment, if:
a. they have travelled internationally in the past 2 weeks?
b. had known contact with anyone who has been overseas, visited a known Covid Infection site in the last 2 weeks?
c. they are currently awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test?
d. they are living in the same premises as a person awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test?
e. if they have any of the symptoms of a viral infection (coughing, sneezing, temperature).
We then work with patients who answer any of these questions in the affirmative, to delay their appointments for 2 weeks.
• None of our staff have traveled internationally in the past month, and none are intending to do so in the foreseeable future.
• Our staff are aware of symptoms of the virus and will not come to work should any of us develop these or even mild similar symptoms. This may cause delays or rescheduling of your treatment.
We apologise for any inconvenience and will give you as much notice as possible of any changes to your booking.
• We continue to keep up-to-date daily with releases issued by the Department of Health NSW in relation to COVID-19. We will continue to act according to their directions.
Please visit this page often, as we will be updating it regularly as restrictions are eased.
Do not hesitate to call the clinic on 02 9568 4573 if you have questions or concerns that you wish to discuss.
To stay up to date with the latest news and Covid Infection Sites visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates